64 people are interested
The Mid-State Literacy Council is a non-profit group providing adult education instruction in Centre and Clearfield Counties. The Council offers basic literacy, English as a Second Language, and family literacy services to adults who are in need of the basic communication skills needed to navigate through their day-to-day activities.
Volunteers work directly with adult learners as private tutors and small group leaders. Please let us know if you are interested in helping combat adult illiteracy in central PA! No prior experience is necessary, and training is provided for all volunteers.
Help an Adult:
- Prepare to pass the GED test
- Study and practice for the TOEFL test
- Learn computer skills
- Increase reading, writing, math, and communication skills
- Study for the CDL
- Study English
- Prepare to apply for jobs
- Learn new work skills
- Prepare for University or Graduate School entrance exams
- Prepare for the Citizenship test
- Get a job or a promotion
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
248 E. Calder WaySte 307State College, PA 16801
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours a week