Pet Therapy Volunteers
Goal: "Patients experience the unconditional love of an animal"
AseraCare is looking to provide joy and companionship with pets. Trained volunteers will bring certified pets to visit patients and bring a sense of fulfillment as only animals can. When pets are used as a healing tool they can decrease patient stress, anxiety, and pain and increase the patient’s sense of warmth and love.
What can Pet Therapy Volunteers Do?
- Be a listening ear to stories
- Provide relief to patients or caregivers in grief
- Create heartwarming interactions between patients and therapy animals
All Pet Therapy animals must:
- Be at least one year old
- Be certified through a proper organization (We can refer you)
- Have all current vaccinations and pass a health screening by a veterinarian
- Be cleaned and groomed before each visit
This volunteer opportunity is available to the following types of volunteers
We need volunteers who are free at these times
Hours between 8am-8pm
Hours as needed
This volunteer opportunity addresses the following social interests
Health & Seniors
If you are interested in providing a caring hand in the lives of others, consider becoming a Hospice Volunteer for AseraCare. If interested please contact the Volunteer Coordinator.
We hope you’ll join our dynamic volunteer team!!
Volunteer Program Coordinator
2820 W. Market St., Ste. 100 Akron, Oh 44333
- Veteran Care
- Patient Care
- Animal Therapy
- Bereavement Support
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible Time Commitment
- Orientation or Training, Two-step TB Test, Flu Shot
- Songs from the heart: Give the...
- Lend a Helping Hand: Become a...
- Help Us Grant One last Wish -...
- Administrative Volunteer
- Hospice Crafters (Volunteer)
- Pet Therapy Volunteer
- Spiritual Care Providers
- Veteran Volunteers
- Lend a Helping Hand, Become a...
- Massage Therapy Volunteers
- Pet Therapy Volunteer (Cleveland...
- Lend a helping hand: Become a...
- We Honor...