The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim (GCBS) is one of America's premier open water swim challenges. The annual event is scheduled for the second Sunday of June and consists of a 4.4 mile swim across Maryland's Chesapeake Bay. The race starts from the shores of Sandy Point State Park, which is about 5 miles northeast of Annapolis. The course extends eastward between the two spans of the William Preston Lane, Jr., Memorial Bridge (U.S. Highway 50) and finishes at a small sandy beach on Kent Island immediately south of the Bridge eastern-shore causeway adjacent to Hemingway's Restaurant. We need volunteers to help with set up, registration, body marking, take down of the event etc. Volunteers will be needed for the Hemingway side as well as the Sandy Point Park side. If you are interested in volunteering for The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim, you can email Gabi Green directly. If you have questions or would like more information, contact Gabi Green at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-752-8179.
- Water Recreation
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5am until noon
- Mid Shore March for Babies
- Eastern Shore Signature Chef's...
- Lower Shore March for Babies
- Baltimore Signature Chef's Auction
- Greater Baltimore March for Babies
- Shamrock 5k volunteer
- Greater Western Maryland March...
- Sole of the City 10k- Volunteer...
- Harford County March for Babies
- Boordy 5k Volunteer
- The Great Chesapeake Bay Swim
- Allegany County March for Babies
- Charles Street 12 Miler