We are forming a committee of volunteers familiar with silent auctions and raffles at fundraising events. The committee will report to the Kabod House International board, the committee will assist with organizing the silent auction function at our upcoming 2018 fundraising events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The fundraising and silent auction committee will:
- Lead the planning and management of silent auctions and raffles at our fundraising events (online and possibly in-person)
- Work with the board to prospect and solicit major donors of items for silent auction
- Identify and approach potential business partners for sponsorship of our events
- Assist with general fundraising activities as needed
- Fundraising, silent auction, raffles, and/or event planning experience an asset
- Ability to build strong relationships with new people and organizations
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Database and website maintenance experience an asset
This position requires a maximum 6-month commitment for 1-3 days per week during regular office hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm). This is a virtual/remote and in-person position.
Benefits and Recognition
This position provides valuable experience for event planning and management students; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector or in the adult education/literacy field. Volunteers are highly valued members of the KHI team and contribute to making a significant difference in KHI’s ability to reach and service more clients. KHI will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement.
- Resource Development / Management
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Maximum 6-month commitment, 6-10 hrs/wk.