Join the Red Cross as a Patient Comfort Volunteer @ Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
128 people are interested
Join the Red Cross as a Weekday Patient Comfort Volunteer at the Walter Reed Military Medical Center!
To provide service to, and enhance morale of, patients by providing comfort items such as reading materials, crafts, snacks, and basic clothing needs throughout designated areas of the medical facility. Also includes volunteers who visit with in patients! This opportunity is typically offered Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm.
- Support Red Cross mission
- Ensure that supply cart has a variety, and sufficient amount of, appropriate materials
- Fill requests from patients for specific items, when possible
- Ensure that inventory forms for items on cart and in storage area are updated.
- Help unload shipments of material and stock storage area
- Ensure that storage area is orderly
- Return all cart items to their proper location
- Secure supply area and cart when not in use
- Maintain patient confidentiality
- Maintain professionalism as stated in Red Cross policy
- Ensure that volunteer hours are tracked in accordance with Red Cross policy
We'll work with your schedule.
Walter Reed Military Hospital8901 Rockville PikeBethesdaBethesda, MD 20889
- Inventory Management
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training