Reflections/ Life Review Volunteers
AseraCare Hospice’s mission is to share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family and one community at a time. We are dedicated to providing hospice services as a way to improve the lives of patients and their families as they transition throughout the post-acute care continuum
Reflections/ Life Review Volunteers make a concentrated effort to walk through a Life-Review process with a patient. Patients gain great comfort and meaning in the process of sharing their life stories. Many volunteers will record the patient and/or type up their stories into a booklet or scrapbook format for posterity. Some will capture words and photos on a Power Point program which can be used at a memorial service and as a lasting legacy for the family.
Hospice volunteers describe their work as gratifying, intellectually stimulating, and emotionally meaningful. Hospices require a lot from their volunteers and value them greatly.
Volunteers are provided free training, TB test and drug screen and can work flexible hours that suit their individual schedules.
We serve facilities throughout Milwaukee and its suburbs including Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St Francis and more -- so volunteers can serve within 10-15 miles of their home.
To learn more about hospice volunteering call 262-785-or email Melanie.Burns@Aseracare.com
- Hospice Care
- Basic Computer Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Actors, Clowns, Jugglers,...
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Share ART projects
- Bereavement Volunteers
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- History BUFFS
- Hospice Volunteer
- Reflections/ Life Review...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Hospice Visitor in...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- Musical Groups offer Harmony of...