Musical Groups offer Harmony of Hearts for Hospice
Groups that that sing or play musical instruments, such as autoharp, guitar, violin, etc. They join in groups of two or three or visit patients individually to bring them the gift of music.
"Music can lift us out of depression or move us to tears ~ it is a remedy, a tonic, orange juice for the ear. But for many of my neurological patients, music is even more ~ it can provide access, even when no medication can, to movement, to speech, to life. For them music is not a luxury, but a necessity. ~Oliver Sacks
AseraCare Hospice Music Volunteers are volunteers who specialize in sharing songs or instrumental music with those on hospice services and their family members. Bring your existing musical skill and musical training to enhance the quality of life for a patient on hospice and/or members of their family. Often, regularly scheduled visits are requested, however music volunteers may also be asked to provide musical visits for a group of patients at a facility as outreach for our agency.
Our Music Companion Volunteers are a true partnership in care which we are confident will bring many hours of joy to patients, family members, staff, and community members. There is an opportunity to participate in our community events as well.
Benefits of Music for Hospice Patients Include:
10. Can create positive emotional changes and help to improve your mood
9. The right type of music has been known to help with memory recall, which can contribute to satisfaction with life
8. Has been known to help improve awareness of self and environment
7. Can be used to alleviate pain
6. Can be used as a social connection between patients and family
5. Has been shown to increase or maintain physical, mental and social functioning
4. Provides a useful tool to help fall asleep
3. Can promote vocal and physical activity
2. Promotes physical rehabilitation
1. Provide relaxation!!
Volunteers are provided free extensive direct patient care training, TB test and drug screen and can work flexible hours that suit their individual schedules.
We serve facilities throughout 9 counties including: Milwaukee and its suburbs, Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Fredonia, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St Francis and more
To learn more about hospice volunteering call 262-785-1356
- Hospice Care
- Elder care
- Music Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Actors, Clowns, Jugglers,...
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Share ART projects
- Bereavement Volunteers
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- History BUFFS
- Hospice Volunteer
- Reflections/ Life Review...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Hospice Visitor in...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- Musical Groups offer Harmony of...