"Art can permeate the very deepest part of us, where no words exist."
Eileen Miller, The Girl Who Spoke with Pictures: Autism Through Art
Provide engagement, stimulate creativity, share memories, offer companionship andhave fun.
Art is a form of expressive therapy that uses the creative process of making art to improve a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being
Through creating art and reflecting on the art products and processes, people can increase awareness of self and others, cope with symptoms, stress and traumatic experiences; enhance cognitive abilities; and enjoy the life-affirming pleasures of making art.
Let us match you with someone who can benefit from the artistic expression or from tactile stimulation and companionship. Enjoy this powerful outlet for your creativity.
PLUS: You have the opportunity to be supported and mentored! by our licensed Art Therapist!
Volunteers are provided free training, TB test and drug screen and can work flexible hours that suit their individual schedules.
We serve facilities throughout Milwaukee and its suburbs including Brookfield, Cudahy, Oak Creek, Freedonia, Cedarburg, Pewaukee, Sussex, Watertown, Glendale, Kenosha, Racine, Lake Geneva, Pleasant Prairie, St Francis and more -- so volunteers can serve within 10-15 miles of their home.
To learn more about hospice volunteering call 262-785-or email Melanie.Burns@Aseracare.com
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1-2 hours a week
- Background check, TB screen, drug test, training
- Actors, Clowns, Jugglers,...
- Share a meaningful journey -- be...
- Share ART projects
- Bereavement Volunteers
- COLLEGE STUDENTS -- earn service...
- Veterans Visit Veterans - Hospice
- End of Life Hospice Volunteer
- Pet Therapy Volunteers --...
- History BUFFS
- Hospice Volunteer
- Reflections/ Life Review...
- Hospice Vigil Volunteers Needed
- Craft Facilitator - serving...
- Visiting Pets -- lifting spirits...
- Friendly Hospice Visitor in...
- Music Volunteer - Share Your...
- Companion Volunteer - hospice
- Musical Groups offer Harmony of...