Do you love creating meals for others’ enjoyment? Do you love watching cooking shows on TV and trying new recipes? This could be your position!
JAARS Food Service needs a Kitchen Assistant to help in the preparation of snacks and lunch for guests and staff. Your service will be a part of how JAARS makes Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth.
Come join our fun and creative team!
- For a full-time volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Must be a US citizen or green card holder to apply
Responsible for assisting Food Service Manager in preparing and serving meals and snacks.
- Prepare food and snacks, serve meals, and maintain cleanliness in kitchen, following strict hygiene, health, and safety rules
- Clean and sanitize tables and equipment
- Ensure that leftovers are properly cooled, labeled, and stored or discarded if necessary
- Be friendly and courteous while serving food to guests
- May be assigned to specific duties, such as preparation of salads
- Take responsibility for delegated activities and bring them to completion
- Provide assistance in kitchen where needed or as designated
- May have more than one area of responsibility
- May assist with preparations for and service during special functions, such as buffet lunches and JAARS Day
- Maintain equipment and facilities in accordance with national health regulations
Education & Experience
- Willingness to serve
- Carry out tasks quickly and competently
- Follow instructions
- Ability to walk, stand, and be on feet for several hours
- Use your initiative and work in a team
- Interest in food service area
- Food preparation experience helpful
- Demonstrate a deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus
- Embrace the vision, mission, and core values of JAARS, and help us live them effectively across all facets of the organization
- Must view this position as a ministry
JAARS is a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian ministry headquartered on a beautiful 500+ acre campus just south of Charlotte, NC. Our campus includes extensive training facilities, an airport, office and commercial facilities, guest housing, food services, recreational areas, health clinic, on-site childcare, and youth and family ministry support for staff and partners.
We are pleased to have more than five hundred people serving on our campus. We partner closely with SIL International, the organizations of the Wycliffe Global Alliance and other organizations locally and globally.JAARS vision is that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
JAARS mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote and difficult places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media, and training.
JAARS Core Values
Together in Christ, we commit to:
- Seek God Above All
- Serve in Love
- Act with Integrity
- Steward God’s Resources with Courage
- Pursue Excellence
- Collaborate with Respect
- Create a Culture of Innovation
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours a week
- Complete application and child safety course.
- Kitchen Assistant
- IT Project Manager
- IT Support Specialist
- Aviation Parts/Inventory Manager
- Mission Team Assistant
- Software Developer - Language
- Partner Relations Representative
- Gift Shop Business Coordinator
- Special Events Coordinator
- Training Coordinator
- Mission Team Manager Assistant
- IT Test Engineer
- Type Designer
- Mission Teams Manager
- IT Network Security Engineer
- Tour Ambassador
- Director of Technology and...
- 4WD and Motorcycle Instructor
- Housekeeping General Duties Staff