Fundraising Intern Summer 2019
5 people are interested
SCOPE OF INTERN WORK: The fundraising intern plays a vital role in researching funding opportunities, communicating with potential donors, preparing mass-mailings, and tracking donations. Intern will be capable of researching funding opportunities within fixed guidelines, initiating and maintaining contact with foundations and writing appeals to encourage donations. This would require an intern with strong research, writing and analytical skills. The fundraising intern will also play a key role in other IRC Atlanta’s activities and perform other tasks as necessary.
- Provide data collection and research including tracking all forms of funding sources
- Draft written materials for internal and external communications.
- Draft newsletters and press releases.
- Proof read and edit letters of intent and grant proposals
- Prospect identification, research, proposal development and writing in conjunction with staff.
- Accurate and timely production of final proposals
- Initiate and maintain relationships with grantors. Track and document communications
- Assist with updating and maintaining IRC donor database
- Research potential major donor prospects
- Assist with donor outreach and cultivation
- The qualified candidate will have excellent writing, verbal, proof reading, editing, and organizational skills.
- Must possess previous grant writing experience
- Ideal candidates will also be flexible team players, self-motivated and detail oriented individual with strong interpersonal skills, customer service orientation, and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under deadline.
- Computer aptitude and Microsoft Office experience required.
- Discretion, diplomacy and good team player.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Comfortable working in a multi-cultural environment; international experience and knowledge of refugees issues a plus.
- Preferred candidates will be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from an accredited curriculum of study in Social Sciences or related field.
- Foreign language is a plus but not required
We'll work with your schedule.
2305 Parklake DriveAtlanta, GA 30345
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO