Hope Shines invites energetic volunteers to join their Summer Day Camp program for children in Rwanda. No experience needed - just a desire to learn about a new culture and have fun guiding a small group of 5-6 children through an exciting curriculum of arts, health and hygiene, science, language, sport and Life Enhancement lessons. After camp hours are filled with cultural immersion activities to learn about the past, present, and future of Rwanda, its people and culture.
Here are the details of the volunteer immersion program and summer camp for the volunteer:
- Volunteers arrive August 3 and stay through August 13, 2018
- This volunteer fee of $1450 covers all costs once the volunteer is on the ground, and helps defray camp costs for the kids. (Airfare not included).
- Volunteers will be camp counselors and work with 36 children each day to help teach the curriculum that we provide, under the leadership of a camp director. All necessary supplies are provided, and local staff are on-site for assistance.
- Volunteers are taken through a cultural experience and during this time they interact with other counselors from around the world, hired Rwandan staff, our children, while they learn about the culture of living in the city (food, markets, museums, other cultural events). Volunteers will also spend a full day in the countryside on a tour to learn about living as a Rwandese in the rural areas.
Please submit your application through this link: http://hopeshines.org/ take-action/volunteer- immersion-application/
You can also learn more details of being a volunteer with Hope Shines here: http://hopeshines.org/ take-action/volunteer/
NOTE: All volunteers must be over 18 years old to apply (under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian), must have a valid passport, submit an online application, and should submit a letter of recommendation to email@example.com referencing your name and application.
- Child Development
- Child Welfare
- Youth Services
- General Education
- Cross-cultural Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is an 11 day trip, camp hours 9am-4pm
- valid passport, vaccinations, ability to pay your expenses, letter of recommendation, online app