Impact Area: Children and youth (age 0-4)
Hours: Saturday mornings and early afternoons
Duration: Seasonal, 8-week sessions (training starts in the spring)
Desired level of commitment: Full 8-week session
Age requirement: 16
Tasks may include:
* Work with lead teacher to supervise activities
* Identify children who show signs of emotional, developmental or health-related problems, and discuss them with head teacher, children's coordinator or workshop coordinator
* Assist in the set-up and take-down of classes
* Interact with families
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have the chance to if you haven't already)
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Willing to attend an orientation and submit an additional program specific volunteer application
* Willing to comply with children's program of service and policies for child safety
* Willing to interact with others
* Extremely dependable
* Able to work well with a small team under the direction of the head classroom teacher
- Child Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Spanish Translation at...
- Assist Children's Program...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Perform Skits/ Drama at a...
- Provide Worship Music
- Help With Sign-In at High School...
- Prepare and Facilitate Arts and...
- Cook and Serve Meals for...
- Provide Prayer
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Assist with Food Pantry Delivery
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Prepare and Facilitate a Game at...
- Prepare and Serve Food for...
- Assist at a Sunday Morning...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Supervise Children During...
- Help Set Up/Break Down...