Impact Area: Children and youth (age 0-4)
Hours: Saturday mornings and early afternoons
Duration: Seasonal, 8-week sessions (training starts in the spring)
Desired level of commitment: Full 8-week session
Age requirement: 16
Tasks may include:
* Work with lead teacher to supervise activities
* Identify children who show signs of emotional, developmental or health-related problems, and discuss them with head teacher, children's coordinator or workshop coordinator
* Assist in the set-up and take-down of classes
* Interact with families
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have the chance to if you haven't already)
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Willing to attend an orientation and submit an additional program specific volunteer application
* Willing to comply with children's program of service and policies for child safety
* Willing to interact with others
* Extremely dependable
* Able to work well with a small team under the direction of the head classroom teacher
- Child Care
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Website and Graphic Designer
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Prayer Provider for Women...
- Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Assistant to the Lead Teacher
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...