Student Intern Department
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
6 people are interested
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind (AIFB) formally known as "Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundation (ABWC)":
Enhancing the lives of blind individuals in the country since August 28, 2009, AIFB has been recognized by NY State as a non-profit foundation. Its mission is to empower Afghan blind women through healthcare and blind children through education and rehabilitation services in Afghanistan.
The foundation accepts national and international students.
The Afghanistan International Foundation For The Blind needs your time as a volunteer!
Qualification and Commitment:
Student must complete 3 months internship 5 days per week (6 hours per day), equalling around 500 hours per semester.
Students are required to be fluent in English.
Bilingual students who are fluent in Persian and Pashto are welcomed.
The foundation request the following for students:
- Your email address, mailing address and phone number
- College requirement forms from your department
- One page short bio that explains your education background (your work experience in the past your current position as employee or student and volunteer experience in the past)
- Sample of writing
- 2 letters of references one from the university and one from colleagues and friends (not family members) along with their email addresses, mailing addresses and phone numbers
- The university internship department contact information (mailing address, email address, phone number, fax number, and cell phone)
- University internship approval form
AIFB does not accept independent student interns, only one sponsored or approved by their university.
The student must participate in face to face interviews before entering to the internship program.
We'll work with your schedule.
The Afghanistan Blind Women and Children Foundatio40-10 12th Street, Apt. 1CLong Island City, NY 11101
- Office Management
- Financial Planning
- Grant Writing / Research
- Website Programming
- Administrative Support
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 500 hours per semester