Encourage Aspiring Artists with Disabilities!
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
11 people are interested
Have a great time for a great cause! The Arc of the Capital Area is always in need of volunteers to help with our Art Education Program for clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our students learn everything from painting to photography and sell their work at local art shows.
NO ARTISTIC TALENT REQUIRED.
Volunteers will help us provide fulfilling and artistic lives for our clients by:
- Socializing, listening, supporting - this is the most important thing you can do. If you can do this, we want you!
- Assisting with materials and supplies
- Encouraging creative expression
- Fostering a fun and inclusive atmosphere
The art studio is open Monday- Friday from 9:00-2:00. Volunteers are encouraged to participate 9-11:30am, 12-2pm or for the entire session 9-2pm.
In order to foster consistent relationships with the clients, we ask that you commit to volunteering to at least 4 months, once a week.
Visit www.arcaustin.org/get-involved to become a volunteer today!
Contact Leah Marsden, volunteer coordinator, with any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arc of the Capital Area, 4902 Grover AvenueAustin, TX 78756
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Minimum 2 hours per visit; at least 4 months
- Volunteers under 18 welcome with accompanying adult