The role of Marketing and Social Media volunteer will be to assist our organization in establishing a social media and community presence. This is a virtual position,however, we prefer someone to be in the DFW area.
This role would suit someone who:
- Has some experience of marketing and social media, either through education, work or volunteering.
- Is familiar with using social media and other online tools to generate interest in a business or project.
- Is an excellent communicator.
- Is able to write clearly, accurately and succinctly.
- Can be flexible with their time: We envision spending a short time each day (although not necessarily every day) updating social media channels. The volunteer will also be expected to attend some of our events and workshops with a view to reporting on them.
1. Developing Heart of Courage’s social media presence with a particular focus on:
- Keeping our social media channels updated, ideally on a daily basis
- Encouraging others to comment on our posts and share them with others
- Increasing the numbers of people following our posts on our own website and on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Assist in building Heart of Courage’s brand.
- Setting, working towards, and reporting on social media objectives and targets.
2. Undertaking one of the following projects:
- Newsletter: Planning and writing a bi-monthly or quarterly newsletter.
- Marketing Materials: Creating, monitoring and helping with the distribution of our brochures and posters by our staff members and supporters and identifying new opportunities for marketing distribution.
- PR: Writing a press release for Heart of Courage’s events and activities.
- Search Engine Optimization: Updating Heart of Courage’s website content to make it easily found by relevant internet users.
- Other projects: If you have a particular area of knowledge or an interest area you would like to pursue, you are welcome to propose a project for you to undertake.
Volunteers with Heart of Courage will acquire front-line position experience in a volunteer-run organization. As a new organization, volunteers for Heart of Courage will gain knowledge in non-profit development and start-up experience. Our volunteers are vital to the growth of our organization, each person is treated with respect and their skill-set is held at the highest regard to accomplish tasks that inspire each person.Please visit Our Volunteer Page.
- Internet Research
- Content Management Systems
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- 5 hours/week; Flexible