17 people are interested
Hospice Companion Volunteer Needed - Cobb County
ORGANIZATION: Bristol Hospice - Atlanta, LLC
Please visit the new page to apply.
17 people are interested
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED in the Cobb County area!
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program. Every hospice relies on volunteers to provide an array of support services to patients and their families. We go where our patients are (Homes, Facilities, ALF's and Nursing Homes).
*No Medical history needed, just a compassionate heart.
VOLUNTEERS ARE VSTRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO BE VACCINATED AND BOOSTED.
** To apply online, please visit: www.bristolhospice-volunteer.com**
Volunteers are an important part of the team and provide a valuable service to our patients. Our goal is to give our patients the opportunity to live until they die. As a volunteer, you provide a vital role in giving our patients permission to live. To ensure all of our volunteers are equipped for the challenge of working with the terminally ill, we require all volunteers to:
- Fill out and provide all required documentation
- Pass a background check - we pay
- Pass a drug test - we pay
- Pass a TB test - we pay
- Provide valid ID and Auto Insurance
- Attend and complete mandatory orientation and training
- Accepting 18 and ole3r volunteers.
There are many different ways that you can make a difference in the life of others as a hospice volunteer:
- Direct Patient Companionship
- Indirect Support
As the Volunteer Coordinator for Bristol Hospice, it is my mission to provide our patients with a lasting legacy. As a Volunteer you can give our patients that chance to live by:
- Support for the patient, listening, walking, holding a hand, letter writing, reading, taking pictures, encouraging a life review, pet therapy, music therapy, light housekeeping, and assisting the family or caregiver if requested.
- Administrative work in our office, answering phones, filing, preparing mailings, making patient admission packets, and helping with Bereavement phone calls and letters.
If this sounds like a challenge you are up for please contact me and let's talk!
About Bristol Hospice - Atlanta, LLC
2849 Paces Ferry Road SE, Suite 380, Atlanta, GA 30339, US
You matter Because you are you. You matter to the last moment of your life. - Dame Cicely Saunders.
We are a local hospice company serving the greater Atlanta, Cobb, Gwinnett, West GA area.
2849 Paces Ferry Road SESuite 380Atlanta, GA 30339
May 9, 2022
- Hospice Care
- Music Therapy
- Patient Care
- Veteran Care
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible schedule with 1-2 visits a week for 3 weeks minimum
- Time, commitment, and a BIG HEART are necessary. Must pass a background check, drug test, and TB test, Relais online Modules for training mandatory.