Volunteer your time and help someone with limited English discover their full potential.
We train tutors. Tutors change lives. We teach people, just like you, how to help an adult neighbor read, write, speak and understand English better. If you can volunteer just two hours a week, you can fit tutoring into your schedule.
- No teaching background or second language is required
- You are trained to customize lessons specific to your learner's goals
- Tutoring is done one-on-one and tutor times and locations are based on your availability in the community you choose
- Literacy DuPage staff is always available to provide continued support
Help us continue our important work of empowering adults, families and communities through literacy! Join our webinar on May 8th to learn how you can become involved!
Visit our website, www.literacydupage.org or call us at (630) 416-6699 to register for this orientation or to attend an upcoming orientation.
We hope to see you there!
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Reading / Writing
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours / week for 6 months after training
- Attend 18 hours of training post orientation session.
- Bolingbrook - Change Someone's...
- Make a difference through a...
- Volunteer Program Assistant
- Change someone's life - become a...
- Use your words to make a...
- Help someone move forward and...
- Become a Volunteer Tutor with...
- Light A Spark With Your Words!
- Make a difference through...
- Change a life through literacy!