Calling veterans! Veterans are invited to volunteer as Patient Visitors to other veterans who are on hospice care at Penn Hospice at Rittenhouse.
Duties: To provide a meaningful visit to another veteran who has been admitted to Penn Hospice. Your visit would recognize the patient's service; bring comfort and meaning to the patient and his/her family; provide an opportunity to reminisce; and bring honor and dignity to the patient's contribution to all Americans.
*Be a veteran of one of the branches of the US Armed Froces; have the desire to recognize and honor fellow veterans; be flexible in scheduling visits when veterans are admitted; have the ability to work collaboratively and independently with others in a fast-paced environment providing courteous and professional service.
*Communicate with team
*Days and times will be on an "as needed" basis, depending upon the presence of veterans at the unit. When a veteran is admitted, you will be contacted to see if you could visit one or more times per week while the veteran is on our short-term care inpatient floor.
- Veteran Care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Varied and flexible, on an "as needed" basis
- Compassionate; immunizations
- Certified Pet Therapy Volunteers...
- Rittenhouse Hospice Greeters...
- Threshold Singers Members
- Patient Visitor-Delaware County,...
- Reiki Certified /Patient Visitors
- Patient Visitor-Norristown/King...
- Patient Visitors- Lower Bucks...
- Seeking Veterans to visit...
- Cooks and Bakers - Share your...
- Friendly Visitor
- Friendly Visitors-Lower...