Lenox Hill Neighborhood House, widely recognized as one of New York's premiere human services providers, is a 124-year-old settlement house that provides an extensive array of effective and integrated sevices on Manhattan's East Side. Our CARE program is an arts-based day program for older adults with dementia. The program provides a caring and engaging environment that allows participants to be involved in group and indvidulaized activities, while providing a respite for family caregivers. As a volunteer Program Assistant you will assist staff in leading therapeutic activities such as visual and performing arts projects, live music performances and health and welllness programs for our participants.
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One weekday per week, 9:30am -2:30pm
- Program Assistant - CARE Program...
- Instructor for Senior Center
- English/Spanish Translation
- Visit Homebound Senior in East...
- Volunteer for Spring Gala
- Japanese Speaking Friendly...
- Visit a homebound senior on...
- Musician for Dementia Program
- English as a Second Language...
- Creative Arts Instructors for...