Esoteric Dance Project (EDP) is seeking passionate and engaged individuals to join its Board of Directors 2017 season. Nonprofit arts organizations require and prosper only with a strong and effective board to fully realize their potential in both artistic venture and community outreach. Serving on the EDP Board of Directors is a unique opportunity for an individual who is enthusiastic, dedicated and excited about building and promoting the core mission of Esoteric Dance Project.
Esoteric Dance Project is dedicated to the development of the artist by providing technique-based education while offering a platform for the exploration of creativity. This foundation cultivates a profound relationship between choreographer, emerging artist, and the audience. Dance is exploding into many different avenues which are exciting and beautiful to behold, but is moving farther away from its solid technical base and history. EDP embraces the art form’s historical past and believes that with a genuine foundation and "esoteric" knowledge of the classical and codified techniques, every dancer is a more artistically expanded and efficient performer. It is the goal of Esoteric Dance Project to demystify the skilled craft of modern dance and lead audiences to engage, observe and appreciate both the mastery and the freedom that is this art form.
Board Member Responsibilities:
- Understand the organization’s work and values to the community, represent the organization, and act as a spokesperson
- Attend at least 75% of board meetings and events.
- Be fiscally responsible, along with the other board members, for this organization. Understand and know the organizations budget and take an active part in planning the budget and implementing the fundraising to meet it.
- Leverage personal relationships and connections to help the development committee and staff identify and solicit potential funders
- Make a personal financial contribution at a level that is meaningful to you every fiscal year.
- Actively participate in one or more fundraising activities or events.
Desired Skills & Expertise:(Experiences in these fields are helpful but not required. Prior nonprofit/board experience not required.)
- Executing successful development strategies in either the nonprofit sector or the business world.
- Grant-writing and knowledge of grants procedures and requirements.
- Marketing and social media knowledge
- Experience with and willingness to provide guidance and creative ideas on such strategies and trends for the purposes of Fundraising
- Press Release Creation
- Accounting/Treasurer Skills
Please submit a letter of interest and biography/resume to Brenna Pierson-Tucker, Co-Artistic Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Business Development
- Brand Development & Messaging
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 15-20 hr/month
- Donation Requirement of Give/Get $25/month