SoCal Parrot is a 501(c)3 non-profit which provides rescue, care, and rehabilitation for southern California's wild parrots. When a parrot is injured or orphaned, they are given care at our sanctuary in Jamul.
We rescue birds from many areas throughout southern CA, and we rely on volunteers to pick them up from the rescue point and transport them back to our facility.
As a Rescue/Transport (south) volunteer, you will be notified when a rescue is needed and asked if you are available.
Rescues are not planned, so this role is ideal for someone who has open availability. A working vehicle, driver's license, and willingness to be on the road are required. We provide all training and supplies.
All new volunteers must complete orientation before joining our team. We hold orientation on a weekend day once a month (except June and July).
- Animal Care / Handling
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months on our notification list
- Working, reliable vehicle, ability to receive group texts, flexible availability
- Transport Injured Wild Parrots
- Help Rescue Injured, Wild Parrots!
- Help needed with weekend booth...
- Weekday Help Needed - Care for...
- Transport Injured, Wild Parrots...
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul --...
- Animal Care - Help Save Wild...
- Volunteer in Jamul - Weekly...
- Rescue & Transport Injured...
- Weekly Help Needed - Wild Parrot...
- Help Save Wild Parrots
- Weekly Animal Care in Jamul
- Help Care For Wild Parrots!