Volunteer Position Only
Please apply at : https://solvepeace.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fpp7?cjb_hash=O_RRKM87&apply_now=true
Only applications received from the above link will be considered.
Peacebuilding Solutions (PS) is a humanitarian aid non-profit that offers a technologically and culturally sensitive approach to re-stabilize the livelihoods of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons.
We conduct research to understand and outline the needs of people who have become refugees or internally displaced persons (IDPs) in order to provide the game-changing humanitarian aid that facilitates communities to rebuild and advance on their own terms.
The hole in our team we're wanting to fill:
PS needs a Volunteer Fundraising Coordinator who is excited to represent our organization and mission! This position is vital to our mission in helping us gain exposure for our mission as well as other sources of donations in creative ways. The position will be a telecommuting, part-time position which will allow with flexible hours and autonomous workflow on a volunteer, unpaid basis.
What you would do:
- Work for our Development department as well as collaborating with other departments to secure new sponsors and income, execute fundraising programs and events, developing relationships, and rapidly grow Peacebuilding Solutions' business relationship within the local community.
- Maintain existing and build new sponsor relationships through effective communication. Convert new sponsors into committed supporters through identification of shared goals and values.
- May lead and participate in the execution of major fundraising programs of large scale events and other community based fundraising.
- Handle fiscal accountability for significant income requirements. Provide timely and accurate projections to the Director of Development.
- Build fundraising opportunities through various business development techniques including prospecting, targeted follow-up, and new lead generation.
- Deliver organized, structured, and persuasive presentations, using effective written and verbal communication.
- Lead temporary coordinators and volunteers.
- Engage in continued learning opportunities provided through outside resources (non-profit blogs, TED talks, and fundraising experts).
- Perform other duties or special projects as needed.
We'd love for you to apply if:
- You can commit to atleast six months of volunteering
- You can dedicate some of your time for PS every week
- You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You believe in the mission and what PS is all about!
- You have a degree and/or experience in sales, corporate development or fundraising.
- Non-profit experience is a plus!
- You are successfully self-motivated and able to work without excessive supervision.
- You have intermediate to proficient technology skills.
- Knowledge on or a willingness to learn about the United Nations and being multilingual are pluses.
- Motivated to meet and exceed fundraising goals and quotas.
- Clearly and persuasively communicate, including public speaking; listen and seek clarifications; participate in meetings; write clearly and informatively.
Thank you for your time reading this post! Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, & Instagram!
PS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.Please apply at: https://solvepeace.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0fpp7?cjb_hash=O_RRKM87&apply_now=true
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Donor Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 10-20 hours/week
- Local Atlanta area preferred but willing to consider others!