Food Shelf Volunteer
30 people are interested
1 in 10 people living in the Twin Cities metro area do not know where their next meal is coming from. The Neighbors emergency food shelf serves on average 30 families a day, distributing around 750,000 pounds of food a year. Volunteers assist families as they pick food from the shelves; unload, label, and sort incoming donations; and keep shelves stocked.
- Help clients choose food from shelves according to guidelines
- Check and label expiration dates of donated food
- Sort donations and stock shelves by food type
- Keep sorting and storage areas organized and clean
- Must be 18+
- Ability to treat all individuals with respect and kindness
- Able to lift bags of food and be active for several hours at a time
- Spanish language skills helpful, but not necessary
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Flexible times are also available throughout the week. For more information, please visit: https://www.neighborsmn.org/volunteer-portal/
We'll work with your schedule.
222 Grand Ave WSouth St Paul, MN 55075
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ongoing, regular