Food Shelf Volunteers
40 people are interested
1 in 10 people living in the Twin Cities metro area do not know where their next meal is coming from. The Neighbors emergency food shelf serves on average 30 families a day, distributing around 750,000 pounds of food a year. Volunteers assist families as they pick food from the shelves; unload, label, and sort incoming donations; and keep shelves stocked.
- Help clients choose food from shelves according to guidelines
- Check and label expiration dates of donated food
- Sort donations and stock shelves by food type
- Keep sorting and storage areas organized and clean
- Must be 18+
- Ability to treat all individuals with respect and kindness
- Able to lift bags of food and be active for several hours at a time
- Spanish language skills helpful, but not necessary
- Monday - Friday
- 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Flexible times are also available throughout the week.
About Neighbors, Inc.
222 Grand Avenue West, South St. Paul, MN 55075, US
With the help of its volunteers, Neighbors, Inc. will strive to reduce poverty, promote self sufficiency, and build community.
Since 1972, Neighbors, Inc. has ensured that all people in the northern Dakota County live hopeful, independent and self-sufficient lives. Volunteers serve their neighbors in need through programs such as a food shelf, Clothes Closet thrift store, transportation for seniors and people with disabilities, holiday assistance, and much more. At Neighbors, all donations and volunteer service directly supports the local community.
Neighbors was awarded Blue Ribbon Certification from the national Points of Light Foundation for its excellence of its volunteer program. Neighbors was named in the top 1% nationally of more than 330 organizations.
We'll work with your schedule.
222 Grand Ave WSouth St Paul, MN 55075
- People Skills
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ongoing, regular