24 people are interested
WE NEEED YOU! YOUTH SPORT COACHES/Basketball
24 people are interested
WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR YOUTH BASKETBALL...AND WE NEED COACHES!
Registration ends October 31; coach meetings take place in mid-November, and the season runs from December through February. You must have a current Volunteer application/background check completed BEFORE you can coach! Almost all of our Recreation Centers offer youth basketball - To check out where our centers are located go to www.parkandrec.com.
The Youth Sports Program introduces the fundamentals of Basketball and provides youth with an opportunity for building sportsmanship while engaging in healthy competition.
- At least 18 years old for Head Coach; at least 16 years old for Assistant Coach. *Note that anyone under 18 must have additional approval of Recreation Center staff.
- Must be great with kids and have knowledge of the sport or willingness to learn.
- Background screening required.
- Must be available to meet once or twice a week for practice and on Saturdays for games.
Coach will provide leadership and guidance, physical training, and instruction in the fundamentals of basketball for team players.
Park & Recreation provides: Coach training and National Association of Youth Sports (NAYS) certification for head coaches; additional in-house training for ALL coaches and assistant coaches; coach shirts and badges, and any additional equipment needed.
Please contact VolunteerServices@MeckNC.gov for more information!
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation Department
5841 Brookshire Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28216, US
Volunteer Services Program Mission Statement: 1. To assist Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation Department staff in providing services needed to offer quality recreation leisure services to the community by: - Supporting direct services provided to the public by salaried department staff. - Supplementing internal support service functions, including maintenance, clerical, administrative and similar tasks. 2. To provide the residents of Mecklenburg County opportunities for community involvement and to increase their awareness of the Department's responsibilities, facilities and services.
Mecklenburg County Park & Recreation's Mission: "Enhancing community wellness through recreation, open space, and natural resources." Our Vision is that "People who recreate in Mecklenburg County will have a system of parks, greenways, and open space located throughout the County that will provide more parkland per capita than the national average, will connect neighborhoods, satisfies public recreation needs, and will protect environmentally sensitive areas." Park & Recreation utilizes hundreds of Volunteers every year, supporting and supplementing the efforts of our staff in every area of our Department:
- Helping to care for and beautify 230 Parks and facilities, 55+ miles of Greenway and 21 Nature Preserves
- Working as registered and trained Youth Sport Coaches, Master Naturalists, Master Gardeners, SHIIP Counselors and Tutors/Mentors
- Assisting in Recreation Centers, Senior Centers and Nature Centers with programs, events and day-to-day operations
- Volunteering with Therapeutic & Inclusive Recreation Services to help provide recreation, sport and leisure programs that are accessible to everyone
Multiple locations Charlotte, NC 28204
October 6, 2021
- Sports Coaching
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2 hrs a week practice/games