For the travel planners, the detail people, the must-move-around people- this might be your calling! Families to Freedom transports victims of domestic abuse to safety. We need help prepping trips and managing travel operations this summer.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience for program management of a nonprofit or a for-profit business. With a heavy emphasis on team relations and travel logistics, the ideal candidate will bring some experience of managing projects.
This is a hands-on team position based in North Dallas for weekdays. Some travel required.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for the successful logistics and planning of multi-state client travels.
- Engage with a growing team of 40+ volunteer drivers
- Create training materials used by volunteer drivers as needed
- Assist with onboarding and team training
- Report on program status, achievements and challenges (monthly)
- Prepare travel for clients and volunteer drivers
- Assist with travel analysis after trips (costs, miles, driver feedback)
- Actively pursue cost efficiencies
- Actively pursue risk reductions
- Travel at least one trip with a client as part of training ( all travel expenses paid)
- Must be available onsite to assist with car ride travel prep, may not be daily
- Office time scheduled with flex-time and self-scheduling
- Some evening and weekend obligations
This is an extraordinary summer opportunity to develop and manage our travel program while gaining skills to further your professional career while helping hundreds of victims and children. See our website: FamiliestoFreedom.org to learn what we do. For questions, call 972-885-7020 or email Volunteer@FamiliestoFreedom.org
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Transportation Management
- Professional Development
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- up to 20 hours/week
- smartphone, reliable transportation to/from our office