For the travel planners, the detail people, the must-move-around people- this might be your calling! Families to Freedom transports victims of domestic abuse to safety. We need help managing travel operations for our clients.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain experience for program management of a nonprofit or a for-profit business. With a heavy emphasis on team relations and travel logistics, the ideal candidate will bring some experience of managing projects, teamwork and problem solving. This is a mostly onsite position and demands a regular weekday, business hours schedule.
This is a hands-on team position based in North Dallas. Some travel required.
Working alongside the Executive Director, the Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for the successful logistics and planning of client travels.
- Engage with a growing team of 70+ volunteer drivers
- Create training materials used by volunteer drivers as needed
- Assist with onboarding and team training
- Report on program status, achievements and challenges
- Prepare travel logistics for clients and volunteer drivers
- Assist with travel analysis after trips (costs, miles, driver feedback)
- Actively pursue cost efficiencies
- Actively pursue risk reductions
- Travel at least one trip with a client as part of training (all travel expenses paid)
- Must be available onsite to assist with car ride travel prep, may not be daily
- Ideal schedule of 8am until the afternoon, flex-time and self-scheduling available
- Infrequent evening or weekend obligations for client needs may be needed
This is an extraordinary summer opportunity to develop and manage our travel program while gaining skills to further your professional career while helping hundreds of victims and children. See our website: FamiliestoFreedom.org to learn what we do. For questions, call 972-885-7020 or email Volunteer@FamiliestoFreedom.org
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Project Management
- Transportation Management
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- your schedule: 20-40 hours/week
- smartphone, reliable transportation to/from our office