Women Organized to Respond to Life-threatening Diseases (WORLD) is seeking Front Office volunteers to assist in the managing of WORLD’s front office and reception area. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working in a non-profit/office setting, and join an enthusiastic and collaborative team based in Oakland, CA.
Location: Oakland, CA
- Handles incoming phone calls, refers calls to appropriate WORLD staff or other organizations, and screens visitors who wish to access the office.
- Greets and directs visitors, volunteers, and clients who have appointments with our Peer Advocates or Outreach and Linkage Specialists.
- Supports Administrative Assistant as needed in completion of Operations tasks
- Secures in-kind donations for food, respite care, and other program needs
- Works directly with Supervisors and line staff to support overall project needs
- Discretion, patience, and kindness are a must!
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Seeking compassionate and patient individuals with an appreciation of service to their community
- Office Reception
- People Skills
- Mental Health
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Between 5-15 hours per week, depending.