Art from Ashes workshop facilitators are not teachers, coaches or therapists (or even necessarily artists/poets!). The youth are doing the work of creating, we are simply there as a catalyst. We provide a transformational curriculum to guide the youth through the process of expression, connection and transformation (please visit our website for more information on the Art from Ashes transformative creative process).
Our Phoenix Rising youth empowerment program uses poetry and spoken word to help struggling youth, typically age 14 to 24, develop an awareness of their creative genius and their power to find hope and promise in their lives.
Specialized training is required and depending on ability and intention, facilitators have the opportunity to move into a paid position within the agency.
Above all, an Art from Ashes youth empowerment facilitator must be sensitive to the issues that confront struggling youth, and must have an understanding of the organization’s transformational and artistic process, as well as our core values and mission statement.
Due to the sensitive nature of the program and the abandonment issues of the population with which we work, your consistency and commitment is a requirement to work with youth.
- Group Facilitation
- Public Speaking
- Youth Services
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- We work with your schedule and availability.
- Be passionate about social change and compassionate about the struggles youth face.
- Editor for Marketing Team
- Volunteer Coordinator Assistant
- Graphic Designer
- Events Coordinator/Intern
- Internship (credit) or...
- Grants Coordinator/Intern
- Database Manager
- Workshop Facilitator
- Media and Press Coordinator/Intern
- Administrative Coordinator/Intern:
- Media Liaison
- Event Planner
- Social Media Intern/Volunteer
- Grant Writer
- Grant Editor