Volunteer Service Description:
The role of the members of the Dedications Committee is to help in the planning and facilitation of Habitat for Humanity Home Dedications.
- Participate in the planning and facilitation of Habitat Home Dedications including:
- Contacting Habitat homebuyers, Site Supervisors and sponsor groups concerning participation.
- Assisting in determining the details and the production of Dedication program.
- Serving as the lead organizer on the day of the Dedication.
- If willing, serve as a Host/Emcee of Habitat Home Dedications
- Organize and complete photos of Habitat Homebuyer Families
- Participate in canvassing of neighborhoods prior to construction and prior to Home Dedications
A Habitat Home Dedication is not only a gathering to celebrate the fact that the family will soon be able to move into their new home but it is also a time to recognize the commitment and generosity provided by the many volunteers who helped to build the home. TCHFH works with over 17,000 community volunteers per year and organizing events like the Home Dedications, planning, and recognition events are essential in maintaining and growing the community’s involvement with TCHFH.
Strong organizational skills, communication (phone or e-mail) skills, and interest in planning events
- Members commit to serve for at least one year until as long as they desire.
- Committee meetings are every month on the first Tuesday of the month, from 6 pm to 7:00 or 7:30.
- Members are expected to work on a minimum of 3 dedications per year, which may require a volunteer commitment of a total of 40 hours of volunteer work over the course of a year.
Training & Supervision:
Provided by the Dedications Committee Chairperson and TCHFH Marketing and Events Associate
- Event Design & Planning
- Event Management
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Event Planning / Management
- Food Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3-4 hours per month
- Ability to travel throughout the Metro area