Cat and Kitten Fosters Needed!
2 people are interested
Foster parents provide short and long-term care for cats and kittens in their own homes. By offering your time, love and attention, you prepare your foster kitties for adoption into a permanent, loving home.
There are many reasons why a cat or kitten is placed into a foster home. For example, a momma cat and her nursing kittens may need a home environment where they can feel safe and receive proper socialization or a senior cat may need hospice type care in their final days.
The most common reasons include:
- being too young for adoption
- needing time to recuperate from an illness or injury
- needing socialization or behavior modification
These cats/kittens will be in your care until they are ready to be placed for adoption. This could mean anywhere from a few weeks to several months. Being a foster parent isn't easy but it is incredibly rewarding. If you have room in your home and heart to foster a cat in need, consider being a foster parent.
As a foster parent, you will be expected to:
- provide daily care, feeding and any necessary medications
- socialize cats/kittens and give them plenty of TLC
- transport your foster cat to veterinary appointments
- isolate foster cats/kittens from your own companion animals
We'll cover medical expenses but fosters will be asked to supply their own food and supplies. Every little bit helps!
"Saving one animal won’t change the world, but it will change the world for that one animal."
We'll work with your schedule.
South BaySan Jose, CA 95118
- Animal Care / Handling
- Habitat Restoration
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 years
- You can still foster if you are underage as long as a parent signs the forms with you and attends all meetings.