We are seeking an excellent communicator, writer, and avid social media user as a Marketing and Communications intern to support public relations, marketing, blog and social media for Global Goods Partners.
Social Media and Web Responsibilities:
- Create content to grow the organization’s footprint, including social media and blog posts
- Research current artisan partners and product, maintain sample inventory
- Expand and maintain GGP’s social networking and online presence to promote GGP products, fundraising efforts, and stories of women artisan partners around the world.
- Create compelling narratives about GGP’s partners and work around the world.
- Research and update country and partner information currently on the website.
- Craft descriptive and appealing product descriptions for the website.
PR and Events Responsibilities:
- Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news, relevant holidays, and collections Outreach to potential media partners with pitches, press releases and curated line sheets
- Actively pursue permanent links on like-minded sites, and assist with implementing social media strategy.
- Organize events designed to engage our target market. Develop and enact a strategy for digital communications with consumers and other key stakeholders to include artisan stories, product information, and resources.
- Excellent research, communication and writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with social media, blogging and creating public relations campaigns
- Interest in and knowledge of fair trade and ethical business
- Able to commit to 2-3 days per week during the summer college break
Specific Qualifications (a plus but not necessary):
- Experience in creating and implementing public relations campaigns, including familiarity with print and online media
- Proficiency with Photoshop, Shopify, SEO, Adwords
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing applications like vertical response
- Interest in fashion, design, or craft production
Hours: 18-25 hours/week
Email resume to email@example.com
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Retail / Sales
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 18-25 hours/week