The Pass With Flying Colors (PWFC) Junior Board is a group of dynamic young professionals who share the vision of our Founders, staff and stakeholders: a college degree is the single greatest tool to provide economic stability, opportunity, and choice for Chicago’s underserved, first-generation students. The Junior Board was established in 2012(?) to support Pass With Flying Colors by creating opportunities to expand visibility for PWFC, assisting PWFC to achieve annual fundraising goals, and supporting our scholars through program involvement.
The Junior Board is comprised of several committees that work to ensure specific Junior Board goals are achieved:
- The Leadership Committee sets annual goals for the Junior Board, leads quarterly meetings, and supports Junior Board recruitment and retention. This committee is comprised of the chairs of the other Junior Board committees.
- The Events Committee plans and executes Junior Board fundraising events and activities.
- The Service Committee plans and executes community service activities for Junior Board members and Pass With Flying Colors scholars.
- The Publicity Committee promotes Junior Board events, creates Junior Board publicity materials, and supports outreach about Pass With Flying Colors via social media and other channels.
Pass With Flying Colors Junior Board members remain active in their support by:
- Attending at least 3 quarterly meetings, including annual kickoff meeting
- Contributing to at least one committee
- Participating in Junior Board fundraisers and community service opportunities
- Representing Pass With Flying Colors in the community and at their employer
On average, members who get the most out of their role on the Junior Board volunteer an average of one hour each week. In some cases, commitments such as committee responsibilities can be completed remotely.
- Exclusive volunteer opportunities with PWFC Scholars
- Eligible to volunteer with PWFC as a mentor, career speaker, tutor or in other ways
- Recognition for member and their employer on PWFC website and event materials
- Event Planning / Management
- Public Relations
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Varies, on average 1 hour a week
- Join a Junior Board committee; participate in Junior Board fundraising events