Support Military Veterans with Criminal History through On Your Feet
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
16 people are interested
On Your Feet is a Minnesota Circles of Support and Accountability program specifically for military veterans. Volunteers with On Your Feet work with someone with a military history who is being released from prison, regardless of their offense history. Each volunteer is in a group with 4-6 volunteers, an offender, and a staff member. Volunteering occurs in stages.
1) Volunteer Training-a free, 20 hour training (evenings & weekends) scheduled quarterly.
2) In facility meetings- about 3 meetings in the prison facility to meet the offender and get to know them and their goals. Transportation to the facility is provided.
3) Community meetings-the majority of volunteering. Meet once a week for an hour at a location in the community (typically either the halfway house they reside at or a coffee shop). Over time, meetings typically become less frequent. The goal is to provide a support system for the first year of transition.
Circle groups work on goal setting, addressing issues, and providing community support and accountability to the offender.
We'll work with your schedule.
Various locations in Ramsey and Hennepin CountySaint Paul, MN 55108
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- One hour/week for one year