Do you have a passion for caring for children? Then this opportunity is for you!
Begin Anew is a faith based education program working to empower individuals to overcome obstacles created by poverty. We provide GED test prep, English as a Second Language and Computer and Job skills classes to adults as well as mentoring and access to resources. We also offer free childcare for preschool and school age children while their mothers attend evening classes, which is where you come in!
Childcare volunteers will:
- Assist leaders with age appropriate activities for the children, including: playing games, snack time, Bible story time, and help working on homework (if needed).
- Assist the Childcare Coordinator with all responsibilities of Children’s Program
- Uphold the mission and vision of Begin Anew
Summer classes run from June 12th through August 10th and are held two times a week: Monday and Thursday nights from 5:45-8:10pm. We ask that you commit to at least 1 or 2 class times per month (2 hours per class) but if you can serve weekly we would love to have you!
Position requires volunteers submit an application and references, pass a background check, and complete general and position specific training.
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- One class time a week (2hr time slots)
- Front Desk / Greeter for GED...
- Mentor/Encourager - Begin Anew...
- GED Tutor - Begin Anew Madison
- Prayer Partner - Begin Anew of...
- ESL Teacher - Begin Anew Woodbine
- Administrative Support: Begin...
- GED Tutor - Begin Anew Franklin
- ESL Teacher - Begin Anew Franklin
- Spanish Speaking Bible Study...
- Childcare Volunteer - Begin Anew...
- Children's Program Volunteer-...
- GED Tutor - Begin Anew Nashville
- Front Desk / Greeter - Begin...