VOLUNTEER BOOKKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION
summary of Job Description: Under the direction of the Chief Financial officer, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including processing payroll twice monthly, financial record keeping and transactions. Current transactions include accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. Maintains accounts and performs billing. The desired individual will have advanced experience with QuickBooks and experience working in the nonprofit setting.
(Aprox. 2-3 hrs/wk) Qualifications and job requirements:
1. Advanced proficiency in QuickBooks
2. Additional proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office and Excel
3. Strong mathematical skills
4. Must have excellent interpersonal skills, communicate clearly and maintain confidentiality
5. Nonprofit experience a plus Duties & Responsibilities
: 1. Processes payroll; prepares and records paychecks; processes state and federal payroll tax deposits and prepares reports in a timely manner.
2. Performs monthly billing for families to include after school tutoring program, summer camp and occasional vouchers
3. Issues checks for bills, employee reimbursements and stipends in an accurate and timely manner; pays quarterly workers compensation.
4. Prepares 1099s, W-2s and 941s as needed
5. Ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized to accommodate year end reports
6. Reconciles bank accounts and provides reports to the Executive Director, Board Chair on monthly basis and the Chief Financial officer.
7. Alerts the Chief Financial officer to past-due accounts and potential account issues in a timely manner.
8. Provides recommendations for fund accounting and cyclical expenses
9. Proactively maintains organized filing system for all financial transactions and record
10.Assists in the development and implementation of systems and procedures as needed.
11.Works using generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Basic Computer Skills
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year
- see job posting
- Pro Bono Grant Writer
- Volunteer Social Media Specialist
- job description of a board...
- Vice President, Communications
- Volunteer Chief Operating...
- Nonprofit Program Assistant...
- 2017 GOLF TOURNAMENT Fundraiser...
- CFO Volunteer Chief Financial...
- Volunteer Vice President...
- Volunteer Secretary for the...
- Volunteer Chief Development...
- VOLUNTEER BOOKKEEPER JOB...
- Volunteer Coordinator position...
- Volunteer Photographer/
- Volunteer Chief Marketing...
- Volunteer Marketing Manager
- Volunteer Development workshop
- Volunteer Vice President of...