Teach seniors how to have better balance and prevent falls to stay home longer!
WhenThu Jun 29, 2017 08:30 AM - Sat Jun 30, 2018 03:30 PM
Where6162 S. Willow Drive, Suite 100Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Volunteer Coaches team-teach Matter of Balance (MoB) classes, follow the MoB curriculum, coordinate efforts with their assigned Staff Coaches and Master Trainer and assist in ensuring that classes have required resources, snacks and visual aids. Volunteer Coaches assist with preparing guest presenters and collecting all required evaluation data. Volunteer and Staff Coaches are expected to follow the curriculum according to their training and Master Trainer oversight.
Apply here: http://vnacolorado.org/volunteer-signup-form-fs/
Where will you volunteer? - In either Arapahoe County or Jefferson County- Sites currently TBD.
Preferred skills used in this position:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to lead a small group
- Interest in working with older adults
- Life experiences valued - in education or health care experience a plus
- Ability to perform range of motion and low-level endurance exercises
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to carry up to 20 lbs.
- Attend Matter of Balance Coach training and earn a MoB Coaching Certification on September 14 and 15 (2-day training) from 8:30am-3:30pm in Greenwood Village
- Attend 2.5 hours of Coach Training Update annually
- Agree to team-teach two (2) Matter of Balance classes on weekdays within one year of certification - 1 class is eight 2-hour sessions over 1-2 months (example: Mondays in September and October from 9:30am-11:30am)
- 1-2 year commitment preferred
- Confidentiality - All participant information is confidential. Each coach will sign "A Pledge of Confidentiality."
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 16 hours to complete training, 1-2 year commitment
- Teach 8, 2-hour classes after you complete the training
- Hospice Volunteering -...
- Receptionist Wanted for Clear...
- Welcome clients to clinic: Apex...
- Courier Assistance Needed to...
- Eastern Star Masonic Community,...
- Washington Street Community...
- Receptionist Needed @ Golden...
- Foothills Peak Community &...
- Know how to install grab bars,...
- Healthcare Receptionist Needed @...
- Teach seniors how to have better...
- Golden West, 2nd and 4th...