Southern Rhode Island Volunteers (SRIV) has an immediate opening for a marketing intern to join our team. We are a non-profit organization located in Charlestown, RI. We provide services to over 200 seniors and adults with disabilities located in the Southern Rhode Island. SRIV also recruits, vets and places volunteers with local nonprofits.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship with flexible hours. Interested applicants please provide your phone number for us to call and a brief summary of why you are interested in this position.
Marketing Intern Job Description
- Use social media and traditional forms of media (i.e. print and email) to influence donor, community partner and volunteer behavior in SRIV’s primary areas of service.
- Create content for social media accounts - Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Write a monthly story to be posted on SRIV’s website and social media accounts.
- Use Content Management System to schedule and manage posts.
- Use editorial calendar and platforms such as Hootsuite to plan out content marketing pieces.
- Create content pieces related to volunteerism, community service and SRIV’s four main programs:
- Independent Aging Support
- Retired Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)
- Disaster Preparedness, Relief and Response
- Community Volunteers
- Coordinate SRIV branding with Executive Director, key staff and the Marketing Committee to assure a consistent in look and message across all media platforms.
- Use suitable media outlets to promote SRIV’s work such as:
- Newspapers, guest blogging, online news sources, radio and television
- Identify other media outlet opportunities suitable for SRIV promotion
- Monitor and analyze online conversations, report findings to Executive Director/Staff/Board as requested.
- Assist in maintaining SRIV’s website.
- Help monitor and track analytics of website and social media traffic using Google Analytics. Report all necessary and useful findings.
- Assist in updating and maintaining SRIV’s email and postal mail distribution lists using Mailchimp
- Attend staff meetings, Marketing Committee meetings and others as requested by Executive Director to stay updated on SRIV events and activities
- Substantially contribute and assist with the strategic direction of SRIV’s mission
- Attend all SRIV events, recognition, media and fundraisings as requested by Executive Director (a minimum 3 events annually)
- Performs duties as requested by the Executive Director
- Reports to the Executive Director
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, Part-time, Will work with your schedule
- Kingston Arts Organization...
- Volunteer at South County Hospital
- Activity Volunteers Needed at...
- Brochures Distribution Volunteers
- Help a Senior Get Their Groceries!
- Rhode Island Welcome Center in...
- Furniture Donation Center...
- Help a senior who can no longer...
- Museum in Narragansett Seeking...
- Development Committee Volunteer
- Marketing Internship
- Disaster Team Youth Volunteers...
- Mentor a Child After School!
- Substitute Drivers Needed for...
- Volunteer Opportunity Working...
- Meals on Wheels Drivers &...
- Food kitchen and shelter seeking...
- Kettle Pond Visitor's Center
- Museum in Exeter Seeking Help
- Hidden Brook Acres Lesson...