Sarah's Inn offers comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
Childcare volunteers help watch younger children while their mothers attend support groups, promoting a safe and family-friendly environment. Responsibilities:
- Provide developmentally appropriate activities and interactions for children.
- Responsible for children ages 5 and under while children’s mothers are in women’s group; group size varies from week to week.
- Conduct her/his duties independently in a separate room, without the support a staff member during the group meeting time. (Staff is available for support in the event of emergencies.)
- Responsible for clean-up of the service area after group.
- On-going, consistent communication with staff supervisor, including verbal and written reporting of childcare group.
- If no childcare is needed for group, willingness to perform other critical tasks - such as organizing and sanitizing toys, organizing book shelves, etc.
This volunteer position is on-going, weekly for 6 months. The positions are locations in our Oak Park location, Wednesdays from 9:45 to 11:45 a.m. or Thursdays from 4:15 to 6:15 PM or 6:15 to 8:15 PM (or both Thursday shifts if willing). A completed application, two references and an interview is required. All child care volunteers need to complete a 40-hour domestic violence training. The next training class begins Tuesday January 30th and is every Tuesday night from 6-9 pm and Saturday from 9am-4pm thru Saturday March 3rd. Please visit www.sarahsinn.org for more details or email Mark Tisdahl at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Youth Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 40 hour training, then 4 hours monthly for 6 month