We welcome you to get involved with the Bloomington Community Orchard in a way that works for you!
The Bloomington Community Orchard is an organization devoted to growing fruit for the community and growing our orcharding skills through educational opportunities. The publicly owned orchard is maintained by volunteers, and the harvest is available to everyone in the community. Read more about all of our opportunities online here: http://www.bloomingtoncommunityorchard.org/site/get-involved/
LEVELS OF INVOLVEMENT
- One-time: workdays, business donors, consultants, proposing new projects. No experience necessary, no additional commitment required. Volunteer is fully directed and supported. Function - Show up.
- Multi-time: Discrete Project, tree tracker, project team, leading workday. More involved, requiring commitment to see project/task to completion. Multi-time commitment but with limited scope. Lots of direction and support provided to volunteer. Function - Help carry out.
- Ongoing: team member, team lead. Regular meetings. Multiple projects. Provide support and direction to one-time and multi-time volunteers. Function - Planning.
- Long-term: involvement coordinator, Board of Directors. Functioning of organization rests on dependability of these volunteers Provide organizational continuity. Function - Directing.
- Program Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- General Education
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- 5-10 hours/week (TBD on interest and availability)
- We want people who like to have fun while getting things done!