We are looking for caring, compassionate people like you, who want tto give something back to their community.
Capital Caring's volunteers are core members of our care teams. They are diverse, springing from all walks of life, and each person brings special skills that improve our ability to offer excellent care.
Make an Impact
No matter what type or level of skill you have to offer, you'll work side by side with inspiring and deeply caring people and have the chance to help those who really need and appreciate your time and effort.
You'll get training and continuing education opportunities appropriate to your interests and assignments. Volunteer who work with patients get free annual flu shots and TB tests.
Share your unique talents
There are many ways to lend support as one of our volunteers, who play key roles throughout the organization. You may be a musician or artist who can hel with Music and Art Therapies, or speak another language and can help us with translation.
Here are just a few ways you can lend a hand:
- Provide comfort and companionship to patients and families
- Read to or play music for a patient
- Give support over the phone to those who have lost a loved one
- Maintain our beautiful theraputic garden at Halquist Memorial Impatient Center
- Work with children, teens and/or adults who are grieving at Point of Hope camp
- Lend your talents through Music, Art and Pet Therapy
- Provide "behind the scene" administrative support
- Professional services: Notary, Law, Reiki/Massage Therapy, etc.
Apply to become a volunteer today! Visit our website to learn more information https://www.capitalcaring.org/join-us/volunteers/
- Massage Therapy
- Hospice Care
- Bereavement Support
- Patient Care
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 2-4 per month
- TB Test