Status: Unpaid Volunteer Position
Times Available: Wednesday - Sunday, 9:30am to 4:30pm (shifts are either: 9:30-4:30, 9:30-1:30 or 12:30-4:30)
- High school freshman and older
- Interest in Education, STEAM, and/or Museums
- Minimum of 2 shifts per month
Position Description: The Education Volunteer is responsible for ensuring our exhibit spaces (Imagination Lab, Innovation Lab, Sketchtown, Tech Lab, Animation Studio and Music Studio) run smoothly and create meaningful experiences with children and families.
- Greet visitors to each space and explain how to get started.
- Assist and facilitate activities in each of our spaces and check in with visitors for help and support.
- Direct visitors to different spaces.
- Reset and tidy up each exhibit space while keeping supplies filled and resetting stations.
- Alert managers and staff to any immediate needs.
- Learn the basics of stop-motion animation, robot coding, music studio software, and the process of innovating.
Application Process: Fill out our volunteer application online at www.creativity.org/volunteer
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
- Visual Arts
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days per month