Help Transport Animals to and from Vet Appointments
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
We count on dedicated volunteers like you every day to help Save Them All. Volunteers at the Best Friends - Atlanta Pet Adoption Center have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of opportunities, and we're specifically looking for volunteers to help with transporting our pets to and from vet appointments around the city. Volunteers will drive their own vehicle or use a Best Friends - Atlanta vehicle, based on the needs and preferences of both the organization and volunteer.
- To/from Lifeline Animal Project (College Park) Thursday mornings and afternoons
- To/from Peachtree Hills Animal Hospital as needed
- To/from Paces Ferry Vet Clinic as needed
- From Cobb/Fulton/Dekalb/Gwinnett Counties Animal Controls as needed
- To/From adoption events as needed
If you are willing and available to help in this role, please follow the steps below. Experience driving large transport vehicles a plus, or must be able to provide personal vehicle (DMV background check required).
Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org and follow these steps to create your volunteer profile, view a list of volunteer opportunities, and schedule an orientation date:
- Visit volunteers.bestfriends.org
- Select "Start Volunteering" and be sure to check off the path for Atlanta.
- Follow the steps to fully activate your volunteer account.
- You will receive an automated email after profile completion with details about volunteer opportunities along with sign up instructions.
Requirements for all Atlanta Programs:
* Active volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of six hours a month for at least six months
* Volunteers must be at least 18 years old
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact volunteerATL@bestfriends.org.
We'll work with your schedule.
4874 South Atlanta Rd SEAtlanta, GA 30339
- Animal Care / Handling
- Bus/Van Driving
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 hours per month for a minimum of 6 months