To The Moon After School Program is seeking engaging volunteers/mentors! This program instructs learners, ages 5-18, on arts, media and technology practices through exciting and innovative lessons and activities.
As a mentor, you will be matched with a youth participant within the To the Moon program and will participate with your student on various art projects as well as homework support.
Discovery, imagination and cultural appreciation are celebrated as pathways that inspire learners to acknowledge their unique artistic talents.
As an Engagement Volunteer, you will:
- Welcome and engage with youth and parents as they enter the program
- Help youth become settled upon arrival to the program
- Help coordinator set up snacks for the youth
- Offer various support for youth, mentors and staff
- Assist the coordinator with distribution of arts and crafts for planned activities
- Collect materials (clean up) at the completion of the day
- Develop new and fun art related art and craft ideas for the youth
The program runs between 3:00 - 6:00 pm weekdays.
Time commitment: We ask that you are available during this time for at least one day per week.
No previous art experience necessary!
Good Match For
Teens People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3:00 - 6:00 pm weekdays