LSS-SW needs high quality digital images to tell our story. Photos will be used for website, e-newsletter, printed materials, and more. We are looking for Volunteer Reporters to take professional quality photos and conduct short interviews with our clients and staff. Because our programs are located in many different settings (including churches, homes, and more traditional office settings) and deal with sensitive subject matter (child abuse, refugee resettlement, isolation of older adults) LSS-SW staff will play a key role in facilitating subjects of photos.Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with staff to tell stories through photography
- Interview staff, clients, others involved in the event/project
- Possess sensitivity regarding privacy and safety of our clients.
- Take staged and candid shots using personal camera
- Complete any necessary editing on their personal computer with preferred software.
- Collect photo releases at each shoot
- The volunteer's photography skills can be professional or amateur, but the ideal volunteer will have confidence in their skills, and also be willing to offer professional advice and input.
- The ideal volunteer will have intermediate or advanced photography and/or editing skills with their own equipment.
Volunteer will be working at various program sites and/or client homes. Volunteer will do technical work from volunteers own home. All photographs taken are property of LSS-SW.Clearances Required & Training
This role requires a fingerprint clearance card ($75), volunteers are responsible for the cost. All LSS-SW volunteers are required to complete a Central Registry background check (no cost) during the volunteer orientation. Further training will be provided.Location and Hours
The volunteer will work remotely. The scheduling will be irregular and can be scheduled around volunteers’ availability - ideally, during weekdays. Could be project based. No commitment required beyond one project.
If you are interested in this role please fill out our online application so that a staff member can give you a call with more details, answer any questions you have, and make sure it is a good fit for you or your group:http://bttr.im/vhj24