Impact Area: Children and youth (age 0-4)
Hours: Saturday mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal, 8-week sessions during the spring
Desired level of commitment: Full 8-week session plus coordination prior to session
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Assist the Coordinator in oversight of classes for the BrightStart workshop
* Assist with tracking workers and class coverage
* Make calls or send emails
* Assist the Coordinator in working with volunteers to cover each classroom with a head teacher and staff, and assist the supervision of children's workers
* Work together with workshop coordinator to determine the size and number of classes to offer each session
* Assist with overseeing classroom supplies and order materials as needed
* Assist with supervision during set-up and take down of classes
* Interact with families
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have the chance to if you haven't already)
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Willing to attend an orientation and submit a BHF volunteer orientation
* Able to use Google Documents for scheduling
* Available during fall season
* Extremely dependable
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Administrative Assistant for...
- Front Desk Assistant for...
- Community Meal Assistant
- Worship Musician at Street...
- Food Pantry Pick-Up and Delivery...
- Food Pantry Vehicle Loader
- Ambassador for Adult Club...
- Website and Graphic Designer
- Medical Professionals/Students...
- Intake Assistant for Health...
- Worship Musician for...
- Event Marketing Assistant for...
- Food and Clothing Distributor at...
- Event Registration Assistant for...
- Administrative Assistant at...
- Prayer Provider for Women...
- Food Pantry Inventory Assistant
- Childcare Assistant
- Assistant to the Lead Teacher
- Childcare Assistant for Mothers...