Impact Area: Children and youth (age 0-4)
Hours: Saturday mornings and afternoons
Duration: Seasonal, 8-week sessions during the spring
Desired level of commitment: Full 8-week session plus coordination prior to session
Age requirement: 18
Tasks may include:
* Assist the Coordinator in oversight of classes for the BrightStart workshop
* Assist with tracking workers and class coverage
* Make calls or send emails
* Assist the Coordinator in working with volunteers to cover each classroom with a head teacher and staff, and assist the supervision of children's workers
* Work together with workshop coordinator to determine the size and number of classes to offer each session
* Assist with overseeing classroom supplies and order materials as needed
* Assist with supervision during set-up and take down of classes
* Interact with families
In order to volunteer you should be:
* A registered Urban Alliance volunteer (you will have the chance to if you haven't already)
* Open to an ongoing volunteer commitment that works with your schedule
* Willing to attend an orientation and submit a BHF volunteer orientation
* Able to use Google Documents for scheduling
* Available during fall season
* Extremely dependable
A background check will be required to be placed with this volunteer opportunity.
- Child Care
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Provide Spanish Translation at...
- Assist Children's Program...
- Assist at a Community Meal...
- Perform Skits/ Drama at a...
- Provide Worship Music
- Help With Sign-In at High School...
- Prepare and Facilitate Arts and...
- Cook and Serve Meals for...
- Provide Prayer
- Provide Worship Music at a...
- Spread the Word About...
- Assist with Food Pantry Delivery
- Assist With Registration at a...
- Provide Administrative...
- Prepare and Facilitate a Game at...
- Prepare and Serve Food for...
- Assist at a Sunday Morning...
- Assist as Childcare Worker
- Supervise Children During...
- Help Set Up/Break Down...