Lakeside's River Park Conservancy's (LRPC) mission is to preserve and restore the biological integrity and beauty of the San Diego River while integrating recreational, educational, and cultural opportunities for our region. We are part of a larger effort to establish the 52 mile San Diego River Park, from Julian to Ocean Beach. LRPC is sphere of influence encompasses 14 miles of river, from the base of El Capitan Dam to the Santee border. Established in 2001, we have purchased 118 acres along the San Diego River. We have restored 180 acres with the goals of habitat restoration, flood control, water quality and trails and recreation development. A significant portion of our work involves invasive plant control in the San Diego River watershed in Lakeside.
We are about to embark on a new and exciting portion of our mission. Soon we will receive a donation of 19 acres along the San Diego River for the development of a new park, the first new park development in 10 years along the river. We will be working closely with the Lakeside community and with the greater San Diego River community. With this land, we have the opportunity to be as creative as possible in developing a new cutting edge, state of the art park facility.
LRPC seeks board members who will:
- Commit to serve on the LRPC Board of Directors for a 2-year term.
- Attend and participate in monthly board meetings (4th Tuesday every month @ 5:30PM)
- Possess a passion for, and a commitment to conservation, recreation and the mission of the LRPC
- Support fundraising efforts and generate new funding sources
- Attend and promote LRPC events
- Estimated time commitment 5-10 hours per month
Our board is always looking for members who have a background in fundraising, event planning, marketing and legal services.
To apply, visit http://www.lakesideriverpark.org/board-application
Please email a resume to: Robin Rierdan, Executive Director email@example.com
- Cost Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- IT Consulting
- Graphic Design / Print
- Environmental Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 to 10 hours a month
- Enjoy working with people
- Community Service & Court...
- Attention Girl Scouts! Learn...
- Celebrate Earth Day by...
- Need to volunteer to pay a court...
- Group and Family-Friendly Projects
- Board of Directors Membership...
- Attention San Diego TEENS!
- Love to talk? Love the...
- Community Service? No problem...
- Do you have a passion for...
- Learn about California Native...
- Do you want to become a River...
- Hate weeds? Love native plants?...
- River Park Outreach Ambassadors
- Community Service
- Are your creative, out-going and...