117 people are interested
Environmental Outreach Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: Riverside County Department of Waste Resources
Please visit the new page to apply.
117 people are interested
Outreach Volunteers assist with recycling and composting classes, workshops and events. You can make a difference in your community by helping Riverside County residents become better recyclers and composters. Teach classes, participate in community events and visit schools, community gardens and senior centers. Outreach Volunteer opportunities are all over the county and volunteers get to pick and choose when and where they want to volunteer.
Please call 951-486-3200 or email to email@example.com for more information or to schedule a Volunteer Orientation and Training class at a location near you.
More opportunities with Riverside County Department of Waste Resources
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Riverside County Department of Waste Resources
14310 Frederick St, Moreno Valley, CA 92553, US
To provide for the protection of the general public health and welfare by efficient management of Riverside County's solid waste system through: provision of facilities and programs which meet or exceed all applicable local, State, Federal and land use regulations; utilization of up-to-date technological improvements; development and maintenance of a system that is balanced economically, socially and politically; and, economically feasible recovery of waste materials.
The Department administers an annual budget of about $36 million to support the following primary responsibilities:
1. Landfill Operations - Operate 12 landfills, two transfer stations and a recycling drop-off facility incompliance with all applicable State and Federal regulations.
2. Engineering - Oversees the proper closure and long-term maintenance of landfills which have reachedultimate capacity in compliance with all applicable State and Federal regulations. Provides engineering services for landfill expansions and State permit application, computer graphics, and data processing services.
3. Administration - Prepares the annual budget; monitors contract and other expenditures; oversees the collection and recordation of landfill gate fee receipts, customer billings, and the hazardous materials load check program.
4. Planning/Recycling - Assures compliance with the California Environmental Quality Act and the Federal Endangered Species Act; provides environmental services associated with siting new facilities or expanding existing ones; formulates and implements waste diversion and reduction programs in compliance with the mandates of AB 939 (Integrated Waste Management Act of 1989) et al.
14310 Frederick StMoreno Valley, CA 92553
May 24, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Environmental Policy
- Community Outreach
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours per year minimum but opportunity for more welcomed.
- Interest in environmental issues