"He who hears music, feels his solitude peopled at once." - Robert Browning
Are you someone who enjoys singing with others? Do you have experience with multi-part harmonies or would like to learn how to sing in harmony with a group? Do you have a heart for those in need in your community?
Hospice SLO County invites you to join our Threshold Singers! The Hospice SLO County Threshold Singers are part of a national "Threshold Choir" network whose mission is to sing for and with those at the thresholds of life. In pairs and trios, the Hospice SLO County Threshold Singers visit homes, assisted living facilities, and skilled nursing facilities throughout San Luis Obispo County. Threshold Singers sing for individuals experiencing life-limiting or end-of life conditions, offering peace, tranquility and what has often been described as a spiritual experience for those for whom they sing.
Hospice SLO County Threshold Singers need to do the following:
- Be able to carry a tune
- Be able to hold your own part (or want to learn to) while others sing harmony
- Be able to sing softly and blend your voice with others (or want to learn)
- Be able to communicate kindness with your voice
- Be willing to accept peer feedback and work with the group to bring the sweetest, most blended, and soothing sound to our clients and their families
The Hospice SLO County Threshold Singers rehearse as a group twice a month in San Luis Obispo. While the songs we use from the national Threshold Choir are written for women, our group is open to anyone and we are willing to adapt the songs to work for different vocal ranges.
We welcome your voice!
- Hospice Care
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- rehearsals two times a month and small group sings