Assistant Manager - Juliana Bookstore
6 people are interested
The Juliana Bookstore sells gently used books for all ages. Located on the first floor of Lancaster Public Library, it is a busy hub for customers to buy wonderful books at extremely reasonable prices. If you enjoy mixing with people of all ages, helping customers find the ideal books, using a cash register and credit card machine, and making attractive displays, please consider applying for the Assistant Manager position at the Juliana Bookstore.
The Assistant Manager...
- Works closely with the Bookstore Manager in all aspects of managing the bookstore. He/she will be familiar with all bookstore operations and can function as Manager when Manager is not available.
- Oversees the appearance and cleanliness of bookstore by notifying appropriate library maintenance personnel when areas need attention.
- Maintains book back stock, shelves books in appropriate categories, and alerts Bookstore Manager when inventory in back stock needs replenished in specific categories.
- Reviews request lists for both Marshall Street and Juliana Bookstores to see if any of the requested books are in Juliana back stock.
- Works several shifts/month to keep in touch with what customers are buying or looking for in book selection. Has flexibility to assist in covering other shifts as needed.
- Assists Bookstore Manager with special projects (e.g. special sales, new signage, etc.)
- Trains new volunteers.
We'll work with your schedule.
Juliana BookstoreLancaster Public Library, 1st floor125 N. Duke StreetLancaster, PA 17602
- Literacy / Reading
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- About 20 hours/month
- Scheduling is flexible!