Education Program Instructor
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
8 people are interested
We are seeking volunteer education program instructors to assist with fun hands-on education programs for 1st - 12th grade classes. Help us inspire curiosity and critical thinking about Tacoma's rich maritime heritage. We provide programs on a variety of subjects including history, marine science, and environmental science. We have opportunities to assist with both land based programs at the Foss Waterway Seaport museum and boat based programs aboard a marine research vessel.
Program are regularly scheduled for Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9:00am at the earliest to 2:00pm at the latest. We are flexible! A variety of other educational opportunities are available outside of these regularly scheduled school programs.
- An education background in the fields of science, marine science, or environmental science/studies OR
- A background in a maritime or history related field OR
- Undergraduate or Graduate students studying science, marine science, environmental science/studies, or history.
- Physically Capable - able to stand for 4 to 5 hours and handle demands of working with active children.
- Willingness to learn new material in a variety of subject matter.
- An outgoing personality.
- Willing to work with the public and kids, potentially get wet, and definitely have fun.
- Interest in maritime history, marine science, and/or environmental science
Training can be provided! If interested please contact us at email@example.com or check out our website at http://www.fosswaterwayseaport.org/join-support/volunteer to learn more!
We'll work with your schedule.
705 Dock StreetTacoma, WA 98402
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training