Environmental Education Instructor
13 people are interested
Do you love the ocean, wildlife, science, or history? This is the place for you!
We're looking for volunteer education program instructors to teach hands-on education lessons for K-12 students. We provide programs on a variety of subjects including history, marine science, and environmental science. We run on-shore programs at the Foss Waterway Seaport museum and boat-based programs out on Commencement Bay.
Programs are regularly scheduled for Monday-Thursday from 8:00am at the earliest to 3:00pm at the latest. Other opportunities are available outside of these regularly scheduled school programs. Some examples include social media, aquarium maintenance, or curriculum development.
- An interest in the marine environment and maritime history
- Willingness to learn new things, especially science!
- Outgoing and willing to work with diverse groups of students and adults
- Committed to making learning a fun and safe experience for all
- Family membership to the museum
- Unique volunteer environment
- All training provided
If interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
We'll work with your schedule.
705 Dock StreetTacoma, WA 98402
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Public Speaking
- Environmental Education
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training