LEGAL COUNSEL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hearty Meals for All is actively searching for a volunteer Lawyer with experience in working with non-profits, and a passion for helping fight hunger to join our Board of Directors. The Board member will be responsible for the following:
- Maintenance/updates to the legal state and federal documentation and filings related to non-profit status including Massachusetts state registration docs, 501c3 docs, and upkeep of corporate records book bylaws, articles of incorporation, membership roster, etc.
- Manage completion and filing the annual taxes including federal income tax filings such as 990 and 1099s
- Oversee insurance policies and act as main contact with insurance broker
- Attend quarterly Board meetings
- When possible, volunteer at monthly meals on the 2 nd Friday of the month in Somerville, MA
- Occasional ad hoc legal inquires as needed
- Time commitment: Estimated to be less than 5 hours per month
Questions & Contact Information:
Interested candidates - please send a cover letter and C.V to Board Member Molly Newman - email@example.com before Thursday, June 1 st. If selected, we will be in touch to schedule an initial screening call with a member of the Board of Directors sometime in mid- to late June.
- Human Resources Legal Compliance
- ETC / Tax Assistance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- less than 5 hours per month